Thursday, August 15, 2013

THE BIG 1


 One year ago today we were thrust into parenthood. 7 weeks early I might add. Looking back I cannot believe how fast the time has flown by. I think of all the dirty diapers we have changed and the sleepless nights we have shared and the fact that we would have it no other way. I still get breathless when I think about my sweet boy. I can't imagine a life without him in it and I praise GOD everyday that he gave us a healthy, happy, and loving little boy to share our life with.



Thank you to all of the wonderful friends and family that came and helped us celebrate this magical kid. We are truly blessed beyond measure. 


I must say that Lincoln is my child and as my child he inherited my love of cake. He comes by it honestly and whole heartedly. We let him dig in while we opened his presents and no sooner did I turn around and the whole cake was gone. Every last bit of it. I bet he would have licked the tray clean if I would have let him. 



A quick wash off in the sink after he demolished his cake.



We ended up having a second party the next weekend and Linc was looking forward to his cake. You can see in the second picture that he was not taking his eyes off of it. 



Again thank you to all the wonderful friends and family that has completely showered us with love, and made Lincoln's birthday such a hit. I will remember these days for the rest of my life, and cherish the memories. There is a lot more to come, and I can't wait.

No comments:

Post a Comment