Wednesday, August 10, 2016

Welcome/ Retirement party

Month 4 was a busy one. First off, Elliot learned to roll over, get stuck in crazy places, and trying his best  to perfect the art of sitting up (he finally gets the hang of it in month 5). He is doing things so early. Well with all the help and advise from his wonderful big bro how can he not. His smile is getting easier to come by and is totally infectious. It's not so hard to make him show his gums. I love that gummy grin! He is kinda a hard laugh like Linc was, but every once in a while he lets it all out. It's music!! Lincoln is usually the one to get him really going. I am just so in love with my two boys, and the love that they feel for each other is undeniable. 

This month we had a small welcome party with Jarrod's sides of the family. It was also a cover for a surprise retirement party for my wonderful in-laws. Both retired last year and refused a party. So you know what happened... They got one anyway. That's what daughter-in-laws are for.. right!! The day was amazing, family came from all over, conversations were had and memories were made. A day I will likely not forget.

As we drove up to the party this sign was hanging on the gate. It made my heart skipped a beat. 


Yes, I made everyone stand in the hot sun to get a group picture. The first one I took caught me running trying to join the group (i'm a little slow). I love a good group picture!!






The young schooling the old. Lincoln was an amazing teacher. It must run in the family. 


We got the chance to visit my mother-in-laws work for her retirement party the school threw for her. It was fantastic hearing the stories that were told. I mean we know how special she is, but it's always nice to hear it for her peers. I loved seeing the joy she brought to the school, I know she will be missed. I'm sure she will miss them just as much. 


I can't believe how fast everything is going. I'm having trouble keeping up. These boys are keeping me on my toes and i'm loving every minute of it!!



Everything goes in his mouth... 


Oh this happy face!! I just love it so much. I'm so proud he is mine.

2 comments:

  1. Great pictures and handsome boys :) Thanks for documenting our family get togethers

    ReplyDelete