Tuesday, February 25, 2014

cousins

On this day 13 years ago the world was forever changed. My family suffered a tremendous heartbreaking loss. We lost a wonderful, sweet, funny, athletic (the list could go on forever) kid. Having Austin taken from us way too early has taught me so much about life and how every moment should be enjoyed, because we never know when our time will be up. In a split second lives are changed. There are no do overs.. I've learned to say I love you, not just with my words but with my actions.  I pray that Austin knew we loved him and still love him. We (the cousins) were raised very close. Every Sunday we would get together at my Grandma's house for lunch and spend all day together. During the summers we were constantly at each others houses, having sleep overs and  making wonderful silly memories. Looking back we were more like a big group of siblings then we were "just" cousins. We are even "aunt" and "uncle" to each others kids now. I hate that we are so spread apart and can't get together as often as we would all like. I would give anything to have one Sunday dinner with the six of us back, sitting in grandma's back room drinking sweet tea and writing Jonathan Brandis love notes, (Lindy will get that one :) )  but that's never going to happen. Like I said there are no do-overs, we can only go forward. I pray that Lincoln gets the chance to be as close with his cousins as I have. I pray he has the opportunity to be called Uncle by Rhyann and Blayne's kids. Family is important. It makes us who we are and who we want our kids to be. It all starts with six silly kids playing at grandma's house to really change your life for the better.  So to all of you ( you know who you all are) I love you even when it's not said. You guys have made my life wonderful and I thank you from the bottom of my heart. I wish I had more pictures of the six of us to put on here, but I don't. So enjoy the one that I had handy. :)  


With speaking of cousins also enjoy these two sweet cousins. 

I















1 comment:

  1. Sorry I am just getting around to reading your blogs, but this is so sweet. I love the pictures of the two little ones. They will be such great friends forever.

    ReplyDelete