Sunday, January 1, 2017

november camping


Camping is not a date; it's an endurance test. If you can survive camping with someone, you should marry them on the way home. 

My first camping trip with my now husband was one of the hottest/ most miserable fun i've had, kind of vacation. If I could have flashed forward 16 years into the future and was able to see what I have now. I would have hands down married him on the way home. We have had some really rough years camping, but they all have a very special place in my heart. This fall was the first time we got the chance to go camping as a family for the Thanksgiving break. Luckily, we came a day late and missed a really really cold night. If I had to endure the cold, I might not have been so pleased with the weekend.  It was beautiful and I kinda hope we make this a yearly thing. I love family time and a good camp fire (even if everything you brought comes home smelling of smoke). 

This is the trip that introduced Linc to the famous "camp meat" aka pulled pork. He totally ate it the whole time we were there, breakfast, lunch and dinner. Then was still eating it a week later after we got home. Until we finally ran out. He cried when he finished his last bite. just kidding, he is not that emotional, but he was upset and has been asking me ever since to make him more. Thank you Uncle Ronnie and Aunt Wanda for the incredible "camp meat". 

There was not many kids on this trip, just my two and their cousin Karson. I'm so happy they all got a chance to bond. They played the entire time. When I say played, they like hard core played. Saving babies from aliens and having their own space ships to fire suit guy hero's (linc's words) also saving more babies. I'm not sure why all these babies were in so much trouble. I'm just glad Linc and Karson were there to save the day. 

I am absolutely in love with being outside and the fact that i'm passing that love on to my sweet kids is just the best. I always say that they would make wonderful homeless people, they could totally live out in the open and love every minute of it. 














No comments:

Post a Comment